Well, here I am. If this post is running, it’s because today is my due date. Though the third trimester technically goes on until I deliver, I figure 13 weeks of third trimester is plenty enough to reflect on it.
Most Favorite Parts of the Third Trimester
- Going back to work
- Getting into my fantastic new apartment and away from my nightmare landlady
- Having a beautiful baby shower
- Feeling my little troll continue to kick and roll around
- Getting close to delivery and knowing that my baby will be here soon
- Seeing my daughter’s growing excitement and affection for her little sibling
- Finishing my newborn cloth diapers
Least Favorite Parts of the Third Trimester
- The physical symptoms. Really, I’m not sure that there are any good physical symptoms in the third trimester. In sum: feeling huge, a belly that just won’t get out of your way, more acid reflux, more hemorrhoids.
- Having to be a contortionist to cut my own toenails or trim my lady garden
- My marital stress (though at this point, I think I’ve reached the “acceptance” stage of grief and made peace with the reality that my marriage is dead. I just haven’t decided yet where to dump the body.)
- People who think it’s acceptable to call me “fat” or “fatso.” A lady at church did this to me twice on Sunday. Seriously, not appreciated.
- Finding out that I’m GBS+
That’s it for now. Here’s hoping bubs stays put till Sunday night so that my hot doctor will be back in town to deliver him/her!