- “Full-term” (37+ weeks) yesterday. Yay! (The word “full-term” is in quotation marks because “term” is really more of a spectrum, and many babies are not really ready at 37 weeks. But from here on out, I can now say that my child was born full-term and not as a preemie.)
- Tested positive for GBS. Boo.
- My hot doctor says he’s perfectly fine with me having a Hep-Lock installed and only being tied to the IV cart when the anti-GBS antibiotics are being administered. Yay!
- Hot doctor is going out of town for his sister’s wedding from September 13th – 22nd. My due date is September 20th. So there’s a very real chance that he is going to miss my delivery. Boo.
- Hot doctor is lining up two possible back-up doctors for me and he swears that they are natural-childbirth-friendly and will be fully advised on my birth plan. One of them I have seen a few times this pregnancy (the other hot doctor) and one of them I have never met before. Yay?
I had a fantastic, wonderful baby shower one week ago. There were a few disappointments, but overall it was lovely. The members of my church really went all-out for me and I’m overwhelmed by their love and kindness.
I’m done buying most of the essentials for baby. I’ll just be ordering my crib/changer combo this week. Still need to finish my cloth diapers; going to shoot for finishing just the newborn ones, and work on the other ones while on maternity leave.